Acer Town Planning was founded by chartered town planner Emma Jones in 2019.
Emma previously worked for leading UK property and environmental consultancies and her knowledge spans a range of sectors including residential, commercial, leisure and retail.
With over 20 years’ expertise, Acer Town Planning supports clients to find creative and commercial solutions that add value to developments and navigate the complexities of the planning process.
Acer provides bespoke town planning services across a variety of different sectors to a wide range of clients including:
• property developers
What's your town planning challenge?
A planning appraisal will help you to identify the possibilities and best strategy for your site or property. It will provide you with bespoke planning strategy advice and options to deliver your vision tailored to your specific requirements and circumstances.
Acer Town Planning guides clients through each stage of the planning process across a range of application types.
• Pre-application advice
• Detailed planning application
• Outline planning application
• Hybrid planning application
• Condition variation and discharge
• Advertisement consent
• Listed building consent
• Lawful development certificates
With expert knowledge of planning and the property lifecycle, Acer Town Planning can project manage the entire process for you from the inception of your proposals through to development.
Alternatively, you can tailor the level of planning support required from the following range of planning consultancy services:
• Briefing and instructing the right team for your project
• Planning strategy advice
• Confirming application scope
• Preparation and submission of pre-application requests
• Liaison with Planning Officers
• Co-ordination of and managing technical consultants
• Reviewing and commenting on supporting technical information to ensure it is appropriate for planning submission
• Preparation of planning justification/compliance reports
• Preparation and submission of planning applications
• Post-submission monitoring and negotiations
• Responding to application comments
• Preparation for attendance at Planning Committee
• Input to Section 106 negotiations
Acer Town Planning helps clients promote sites and schemes through the various stages of the development plan process. This includes:
• Managing and preparing representations
• Preparation and input to development frameworks and masterplans
• Expert review and critique of development plan evidence bases
• Appearing at Development Plan Examinations
In the event that an application is refused or not determined, there is recourse to planning appeal. Acer Town Planning can help you with:
• Written representations
• Expert Witness
Consultation takes many forms and will be guided by the nature and scale of proposed development schemes. It encompasses public consultations, stakeholder meetings, on-line consultations, leaflet campaigns and social media campaigns.
Acer can manage community consultations on your behalf or work alongside other consultants to ensure that planning considerations are properly taken into account when undertaking consultation.
Fees are priced on an individual basis for each project, based upon estimated complexity, time taken and duration. Projects are usually priced on a fixed fee basis and if you would like to know more please get in touch to discuss the scope and pricing of your project.
Feedback from clients
In a week of extensive regulatory changes to the planning system, the one that could arguably result in the most radical change to our